This week we will be spotlighting some of the amazing charities that we are partnering with this month! The Great Inflatable Race truly believes in giving back to the community in each city we go to. Our vision is to positively impact the lives of millions of people by providing opportunities for movement-one of these being community movement! Be sure to check out our Spotlights below to learn more about these amazing charities and how you can help!
Fourth Street Clinic
Salt Lake City, UT: June 3
First, we want to give a big shout-out to Fourth Street Clinic that partnered with us for the Salt Lake City race this past weekend! We also want to thank Roseman University National Community Pharmacists Association for all of their help!
Fourth Street Clinic has been serving Utah's homeless population for more than 27 years. Their goal is to provide health care and support services that improve quality of life to individuals who need it most. Not only that, Fourth Street Clinic promotes across-the-board health care savings.
On average, 125 people visit Fourth Street Clinic every day. The clinic provides corrective eyewear, dental procedures, on-site mammograms, prescriptions, smoking cessation classes, colon cancer testing, hearing aids, and so much more. Visit http://fourthstreetclinic.org/ to learn more about their organization.
Shoes for the Shoeless
Dayton, OH: June 16 and 17
We are proud to sponsor Shoes 4 the Shoeless for both of our Dayton races! Shoes 4 the Shoeless is a nonprofit organization that makes it their mission to provide properly-fitting gym shoes and socks to local children in need. They started out in 2010 and have already helped thousands of children in Montgomery County where 40.9% of children live in poverty.These children are in desperate need of shoes and socks; otherwise, they face a lifetime of physical, social and emotional problems.
Shoes 4 the Shoeless has a vision of ending the physical and emotional distress children endure when they go without good shoes. The Great Inflatable Race is proud to support this vision. You can support Shoes 4 the Shoeless by signing up for the race and donating to them today through https://registermyrace.com/register/charity/the-great-inflatable-race-dayton/338?charities=100. You can also learn more about this organization and other ways you can help by visiting www.shoes4theshoeless.org.
Ryan’s Case for Smiles
Philadelphia, PA: June 24
We are excited to support Ryan's Case for Smiles for our Philadelphia race on June 24! Ryan’s Case for Smiles’ mission is to enable children with cancer and other life-altering illnesses and injuries to cope with their illness today. They focus on building resiliency to thrive in the future, and much of their work includes the entire family in the healing process. In short,Ryan's Case for Smiles' aims to make children feel better to heal better! Learn more about the Ryan's Case for Smiles by visiting caseforsmiles.org.
You can donate here through: https://registermyrace.com/register/charity/the-great-inflatable-race-philadelphia/302?charities=101
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio
Columbus, OH: July 1
To kick off July, we are partnering with Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio for our Columbus race. We are excited to support their mission! For more than three decades, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio (RMHC) has been keeping families close at the Columbus Ronald McDonald House. From its beginnings as a grassroots movement established by a partnership between volunteers and local McDonald’s Owner/Operators, the charity has served thousands of families in their deepest times of need.
Visit http://rmhc-centralohio.org/get-involved/team-rmhc/ to learn more about this organization and to join Team RMHC! You can sign up for the race and donate through https://registermyrace.com/register/charity/the-great-inflatable-race-columbus/311?charities=956/9
Here at The Great Inflatable Race, we treasure the incredible charities that we work with! Stay tuned for more charity spotlights each month. We would love to hear your suggestions of non-profits for us to partner with at any of our race locations, please comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep Reading >
So, you want to join The Great Inflatable Race? Obstacle runs can be tough, but we promise you’ll never have a better time running! It’s a workout so fun, you won’t even notice you’re working out! If you aren’t grinning from ear to ear by the time you’re finished, you may not be human! We have a big mix of participants who join us for our events, everyone from first-timers to obstacle run veterans. For our participants that are new to the world of fun runs, we’ve outlined a little of what you can expect and how to prepare for your first race!
What you can expect:
- 1-3 miles of walking/jogging/dancing/running. However you choose to across the finish line is fine by us! The length of each course varies depending on the location and venue.
- 8-10 giant inflatable obstacles spread out within the race course!
- An Inflatable Village with even more bouncy fun and additional activities for those who just can’t get enough!
- A finisher medal to wear to the INSANE after party!
How to prep:
- TRAIN: While it is entirely possible to participate in The Great Inflatable Race with no training whatsoever, we recommend that you start walking/jogging/running at least one month before the event. That way, you can get your body used to moving more and you can build up to a faster time! (If you’re in to that sort of thing.) Plus, by signing up for TGIR, you get a 30 day free trial with Mbition-The Smart Adaptive Training Plan! Then sign up for our Blog Newsletter to receive additional custom training plans also provided by Mbition!
- SLEEP: Make sure you get a good night’s sleep before the event! We know you’re probably too excited thinking about all the fun you’ll have the following morning. (If we’re being honest, we’re right in that boat with you!) We promise you’ll want to get a good rest before the run. Even though you’ll be having the time of your life, your body will be doing a lot of work and will need all the help it can get. Plus, you might be waking up a bit earlier than normal, and sleep never hurt anybody!
That’s it for today’s tips on preparing for your first obstacle fun run! Did we miss anything that you’d like to know? Stay tuned for more tips and training ideas!
- BRING: A small bag to carry your personal items in. If you don’t have one you think will work don’t worry,e will have drawstring bags, fanny packs, and wrist wallets available for purchase at Packet Pickup and on Race Day! Bringing an extra water bottle is another good idea! We will have a water station at the end of the race, but if you think you’ll want more, we highly encourage bringing your own bottle.
Keep Reading >
What exactly is The Great Inflatable Race? We’re glad you asked! The Great Inflatable Race is the first and the original all-inflatable fun run established in 2012. You’ll start the race by climbing one of our giant inflatables and then racing your friends and family to the next inflatable obstacle that stands in your way! Every bouncy course is unique and contains between 8-10 massive inflatables that will bounce, bump, and slide you all over the place!
Meet our awesome inflatables below!
- The Castle of Doom – Sounds scary, but is secretly a TON of fun! What mysteries await you inside?
- The Shoe Slide - The Shoe is the iconic symbol of The Great Inflatable Race. So what better way to start the race than climbing up a giant shoe with your closest friends and family and racing each other down the huge slide?
- Volcano Escape - This beast of an inflatable will challenge you as you climb up the steep volcano side toward to the top and then slide down the other side before the hot lava can claim you for its own!
- Glacier – From hot to cold, we have you covered! Pass treacherous icicles and bounce your way through the “icy” terrain.
- The Ball Pit - "I'm too big for ball pits" is what you're thinking...well not anymore!
- Mountain Climb - Make your way past the fallen tree stumps, climb up the steep mountain side and slide down into the caves below before making your way back into the open!
- The River - You'll jump up into this bouncy obstacle and dodge fallen trees and boulders.
- Train Wreck - Picture yourself as a cowboy in the Old West. You're on top of a train, balancing yourself as you make your way to the other side... Now stop picturing, and make it a reality!
- Moonwalk - "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Or at least that's how you'll feel on this gravity-defying inflatable!
- The Novice - Are you new to the wonderful world of inflatable obstacles? Then this inflatable is right up your alley! It's simple but still way fun!
Come bounce with us, and soon you’ll be grinning from ear to ear! What do you think?? Which inflatable are you dying to try out? Let us know by commenting below!
Keep Reading >